Running Gear, Thoughts from the Road, Wine and Beer (some other things too...)

Running Gear, Thoughts from the Road, Wine and Beer (some other things too...)

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Milestone time!!

Just rolled 200 miles for the year - here are few reflections:

  • My family is amazing.  They put up with my gear nerd-dom and support me by allowing me to be gone for copious amounts of time.  Anything I achieve personally is attributed to them as much as me.
  • I have goals set for races in terms of time goals, but some are just to complete - that motivates me quite a bit because I am super competitive.  These miles, this time, aren't just for me, they're for someone else too, which has deepened my experience.  Its made it richer and increased my awareness of the needs of those around me, so in some way, these are the most life changing miles I've ever put on my shoes.
  • That's a lot of miles - and something shifted in my head.  I have to treat my body very differently - even more differently than if I was dieting or making a lifestyle change for weight loss.  I am an athlete, and more of you reading this blog are athletes too.
  • I'm still not halfway to my pre-race mileage estimate of 500 miles.  Seems much closer than I thought it might 6 weeks into 2013.
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment