Running Gear, Thoughts from the Road, Wine and Beer (some other things too...)

Running Gear, Thoughts from the Road, Wine and Beer (some other things too...)

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chalk it up...

...to paying close attention to the body when it's talking to you.

Since last Saturday's 17 miler, was feeling some soreness in my left lower leg - between the calf and ankle.  I've had some recurring cramping from time to time in my soleus.  So, I tried to treat it as other cramping events - water and increased salt intake.  With no real change, the former me would've plowed through with my training/miles.

I took my own advice (for once!) and called my doctor.  I asked others that I respect, and I have to say that inside the running/active community, there is a great sense of care an 'ownership' in each other's well-being.  I had a great experience going to the running internet community (thanks Runblogger!) for advice.

I'm scheduled for a 19 miler on Saturday - jury's still out on whether or not I do it all or part of it, we'll play it by ear the rest of tonight and tomorrow.  Frankly, it could also be a gear issue as well.  The bottom line is that you have to listen to your body, because as I've stated before, if it needs you to stop, it will always get what it wants whether you like it or not.

Updates to follow, new trail shoes imminent - looking foward to a little throwdown with the Inov8 X Talon 212...

No comments:

Post a Comment