Running Gear, Thoughts from the Road, Wine and Beer (some other things too...)

Running Gear, Thoughts from the Road, Wine and Beer (some other things too...)

Monday, January 14, 2013

Ryan's Running Like Crazy



It’s about time to introduce one of the bigger projects that I have undertaken more recently.  But first, some background –

Among the many blessings in my life, are family and friends.  And I think we all know how much support and love they offer.  There are also times when it becomes apparent when that support needs to be shared rather than received. 

So – “Ryan’s Running Like Crazy” is my attempt to show support for a dear friend.  The link to the Facebook event page is here.

I’m running a marathon – this one here – and during the training process, I’m raising financial support.  Pledges per mile and one time gifts – and several other supporting me while I’m supporting others – hopefully you’ll notice the link on the side of the page to learn more about the Stefanie Spielman Center for Breast Cancer Treatment and Research.  That’s where the dollars are going – in honor of my friend, Cathy.

Cathy is someone I’ve known for several years now, and I’ve always admired her fun-loving spirit.  That fun-loving spirit has remained undeterred since her cancer diagnosis just a few months ago.  She has been the beneficiary of world class care at the Spielman Center, and regularly reports about the environment there.  She finds it to be inspiring, uplifting, and truly a gift from God. 

It’s my pleasure to raise support for that Center and program and direct the proceeds in her honor.  I hope you’ll join with me.  If you do decide to pledge or give during this effort, please let me know, so that I’ll be able to track all of the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment